Report a repair
Our Repairs service runs flexibly from 8am to 5.45pm.
We have an out of hours service delivering emergency repairs from 5.45pm to 8am.
Before you call us, please check the list below to make sure it's not a repair that is your responsibility.
Repairs that are your responsibility
Under the terms of your tenancy agreement, repairs to the following are your responsibility:
- letterboxes, door knockers and doorbells
- Boundaries, fences and gates
- latches and bolts
- door handles
- kitchen cupboard and drawer handles, knobs, catches and hinges
- sink, basin and bath plugs and chains
- blocked pipes to sinks, basins, baths and toilets
- coat hooks
- toilet seats and pull chains
- tiles and splash backs, including fireplace tiles
- window catches and fasteners on wooden windows in houses, but not flats
- plaster cracks caused by shrinkage
- external grates
We also expect you to replace light-bulbs, fuses and electrical plugs (not wall sockets) yourself.
If you lose your keys, it’s your responsibility to get the lock changed and new keys cut. We can do the repair and charge you if you prefer. If the lock has seized up, we will do the repair.
Report your repair by clicking the button below, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Or, you can call us on 0115 915 2222 between 8.30am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
If the repair is our responsibility we’ll give you a reference number and arrange an appointment. Repair requests are put into groups according to how urgent the repair is. We charge for some kinds of repairs – we’ll let you know if you’ll be charged when you report your repair.
Damp, mould and condensation
We're committed to making sure your home is warm, safe and dry. If you have issues with damp, mould or condensation read our guidance here.
To read more about which repairs are classed as an emergency, and find out how to report them, go to our Emergency repairs page.